Nintendo has released some new cover art for the latest ‘Legend of Zelda’ instalment (Wii U). The drawings have gained a large amount of scrutiny from the gaming community — and a few popular fan theories.
Here are some of the top comments about the newest ‘Legend of Zelda’ artwork – and a few comments from our team here at ARC.
The Fan Theories
What would new artwork be without some deeper hidden meaning? This is what avid fans of the game have been searching for. Have they found something that’s buried in the artwork? Some kind of hidden message or meaning?
Maybe. Check it out.
- Link is posing with a tablet (or book) that has a blue light around it. He also holds an arrow that gives off the same blue light in some images. Some fans think that the light and the tablet are connected and may give Link some powers.
- There’s an object that Nintendo has snuck into some artwork before added to the newest art pieces. This bit of art looks like an evil eye of some kind and might point to the former ‘Skyward Sword’ title that Nintendo released some time ago.
- The clothes that Link is wearing in the artwork may suggest some new abilities. What those abilities might be is anyone’s guess (though some are pointing to time warp skills).
Comments on the Artwork
- “I think it’s ok…Nintendo likes to cater to younger gamers…their stuff is still too friendly looking.”
— Fabian Mora, Designer, ARC Software Studios
- “I really like it. Really appreciating that they’re kind of centering the game around Epona and Links relationship.”
— KingMidasGames via Twitter
More Nintendo News Coming Up
Nintendo is slated to release more news and updates at the E3 conference happening June 14-16. If you visit the site that Nintendo has up just for the conference, you’ll see that the new Legend of Zelda is front and center this year. If you can’t make it to the conference, you can follow the gameplay as it is unveiled on the Nintendo E3 site.
*Nintendo Twitter Image